Scholarships can be a boon to thousands of students looking to study abroad. Studying abroad can be costly for students, so applying to their dream college at a lower rate can be beneficial for them. Finding the best scholarships can be a complex process; Therefore, let’s take a look at some merit-based, subject-specific programs that meet the needs of students pursuing a master’s or doctorate in their preferred study locations.
Check out these top scholarship programs to apply for in 2022:
1. National Study Abroad Scholarship Program for SC 2022-23
An initiative of the Secretary of Social Justice and Empowerment, the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme for SC is for students who fall into the Schedule Caste, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Landless Agricultural Worker, and Traditional Artisan categories.
Eligibility: Candidates belonging to these categories should be under the age of 35 on April 1st of the selection year. Candidates should meet the academic requirements of the program apart from an annual income of less than 8 lakhs INR.
Services: Annual living allowance of $15,400.
Last application date: March 31, 2022. Applications would be available online.
2. Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships
Indian students have been awarded Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships to study full-time Masters, MPhil or PhD programs at top American, UK and European universities.
The foundation awards scholarships in various subjects, but does not finance courses in economics and finance, computer science, fashion design, hospitality and tourism, Indian studies without a time reference, management studies, medicine, dentistry and public health.
Eligibility: 1. All Indian Citizens who have resided in India for at least six months prior to the application deadline are eligible for the Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship.
2. Candidates who are Indian citizens and have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution outside India that meets our academic standards must have lived, worked or studied in India for at least two years before applying.
3. Applicants with a postgraduate degree (Master or PhD) from a foreign university are excluded from the application.
4. Applicants who have already started their postgraduate studies at a foreign university are excluded from the application.
5. Prior admission to the institution and course specified in the application is required. Applicants without proof of admission will not be considered. Candidates who have obtained an English Certificate as a requirement for their offer letter must obtain it prior to applying for the scholarship.
6. To be eligible for the 2022 scholarships, candidates who have received a deferred admission offer must have a valid offer for the 2022-23 academic year.
7. Applicants must be at least 30 years old in the year of their application. Applicants for the 2022 scholarships must be born on or after January 1, 1992.
8. Candidates must have a minimum academic grade of 65 percent, CGPA of 6.8, or GPA of 2.6 from an accredited university/institution in the social sciences, humanities, law, fine arts, architecture, and related fields.
9. For Mathematics, Science, Environment and other related subjects, the minimum academic grade should be 70%, GPA 7.2 or GPA 2.8 from a recognized Indian university.
Services: Up to $100,000 to cover program fees, living expenses, healthcare and basic airfare for scholars. Imperial College, London, the Royal College of Art (RCA), London, the University of Cambridge (Cambridge Trust) and Sciences Po, Paris are all part of the Foundation’s joint fellowship programme.
Last application date: March 30, 2022
3. JN Tata Foundation Loan Scholarship 2022-23
Indians seeking higher education abroad are encouraged to apply for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships. Loan Scholarship candidates may be recommended for a partial “Travel Scholarship” and a “Gift Award” based on their academic achievement in studying abroad for which they received the JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
authorization: Applicants must be Indian citizens under the age of 45 as of June 30, 2022 and graduates from an accredited Indian university with a minimum of 60% in their undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
Other admission requirements are:
1. Applicants who have completed the first year of their studies abroad and are about to start their second year of study (autumn 2022 – spring 2023) can also apply. This is only possible if the course lasts at least two years and at the time the loan grant is awarded, which is usually in July of each calendar year, at least one full academic year still has to be completed.
2. JN Tata Scholars who have paid off their previous loan scholarships are eligible to apply.
3. The degree to which admission is granted must be recognized as a Graduate Program (postgraduate in Indian terminology).
Services: The loan stipend amount varies from Rs.1,00,000 to Rs.10,00,000 per year. Not all candidates may be eligible for the maximum award.
Last application date: The last registration date for the application is March 23, 2022.
4. Erasmus Mundus grant 2022
The Erasmus+ scholarship gives students the opportunity to pursue a Masters or PhD in one of the European universities and countries. Students also have the opportunity to do an internship after two years of study. Nearly 2,500 scholarships are available through the program.
authorization: 1. Candidates should have scored 6.5 bands in IELTS. No GRE or GMAT is required.
2. All applicants must have completed 16 years of education and there is no age limit to apply.
3. Two letters of recommendation are required depending on the program chosen. Applicants can get more information about this on the website of the program they wish to apply for.
4. A certificate of residence, certified by a lawyer, will ensure that the applicant has not resided in Europe for approximately one year in the last five years.
5. A letter of motivation, the wording of which depends on the chosen course of study.
6. Should belong to one of the target groups. TG1 is for applicants who can apply to exchange programs, TG2 is for applicants who can apply to full-degree issues only, and TG3 focuses on applicants who can apply to full-degree programs at master’s and doctoral level.
Services: 1. Monthly grant of 1100-1500 euros
2. Tuition Waiver
3. Travel allowance
4. Fare for international travel
5. Flat-rate travel allowance in the event that students move to another country during their studies
6. Students will be issued with a work visa once they have completed their Masters or PhD.
Last application date: December 31, 2022.
5. Charpak Masters Program
Charpak Master’s Program 2022 is a Campus France India program for Masters applicants. The purpose of this award is to help deserving students continue their education.
authorization: 1. Applicants must be living Indian nationals under the age of 30 at the time of application.
2. Applicants must be enrolled/studied at an Indian university at the time of application or be a young professional working in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application and willing to pursue a degree in France.
Services: Waiver of up to 5,000 euros in tuition fees and other benefits.
Last application date: March 28, 2022.
(To receive our e-paper daily on WhatsApp, please click here. We allow sharing the PDF of the paper on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)
Published on: Friday March 18, 2022 9:41 PM IST